How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was convicted of DUI on December 15 in Ontario, I was given

Customer Question

I was convicted of DUI on December 15 in Ontario, I was given 6 months to pay the victim surcharge 9 month to pay the fine. I'm late by 1 day (today is June 15, honest mistake - forgot) and going to pay the full amount tomorrow. Am I going to be facing any issues when I arrive in courthouse? Should I contact my lawyer? Many thanks for any speedy replies!
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
You don't need to contact your lawyer. Just pay the amount tomorrow and nothing is going to happen to you at all.