How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 99963
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im from canada and own my own business a client that we discharged

Customer Question

im from canada and own my own business a client that we discharged from our treatment centre has slandered me on The Dirty .com and is wrecking my business that I have had for 9 years this is a us company these things are not true and i need it taken off the site.Can you help me
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
This is on the Canada law list. Do you want an answer from a US lawyer or from me. I am a lawyer in Canada?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i need a answer . do i need a laywer from us or canada to deal with this. Its urgent
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
I will answer and try and give some guidance. It is my view that for now you need a lawyer in Canada. This is urgent and it is by far easier for you to work with a lawyer in your city.So I suggest you retain a lawyer to send them a letter, at once, threatening an injunction and lawsuit for damages.The truth is that it is not likely you could go ahead and sue. It will cost much too much even if this was in Canada. But threat of a lawsuit is often all it takes.If you do want to sue if the letter does not work then you will need a lawyer in the US.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
how much does it cost if you were to write the letter
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately, the lawyers on this site are not permitted to have direct contact with our customers. For this reason I am unable to provide a letter. If you let me know your province I may be able to suggest a way for you to be able to find a lawyer.

Related Canada Law Questions