I'm inquiring about the land and house my family has lived…

Customer Question
Hi. I'm inquiring about the...
Hi. I'm inquiring about the land and house my family has lived on/in the last 15+ years on someone else's land. My father was unable to finalize the sale before his pass, we are trying to settle the sale now at 400% the original cost. Progress seems to be happening, however we are uneasy about his delays. We're in rural Sask., wondering if we have any leverage whatsoever regards ***** ***** this done timely. Our lawyer says he has no obligation to sell, yet we know we have no obligation to him to leave. Advice??
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Canada Law
We want to buy this land, however if we do not comply with every thing he wants (ie. taking out of Agreement our solicitors right to withdraw from sale price any incumbrances owing) as he says "I really don't have to sell it all if I don't want to". We have personally turned this 5 acres of field into a beautiful, liveable homestead with a 4800 sq ft. house. He has 2 small grain bins in the yard and they drive machinery through at their will regardless of our children. Can we at the least fight back with a, " You may not operate your machinery in this yard while are children live here" if we cannot find a resolution? Is he alone solely responsible for any "Interests" on the land?, and should be at the least write he needs to be responsible even if our lawyer may not withdraw from the sale price? ps. My cell # ***** ***** US, email may be my only contact option.
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/14/2015
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Debra, Lawyer
Do you have a lease on this property?Please explain why you think he must sell and why you think you have the right to remain so I can better understand the facts. Do you pay rent to the owner?Was there an agreement that your father could buy the land?