Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

Now here's a classic conundrum. The base of a healthy tree

Customer Question

Now here's a classic conundrum. The base of a healthy tree is on my neighbour's property, right on our property line. The tree leans over my property. My neighbour does not like the leaves the tree drops and she wants to have the tree cut down. She does not want to pay an insured arborist, she wants " a guy she knows " to do the work.
I am concerned that the tree or parts of the tree could hit and damage the roof of my house. More to the point, as the tree is right on our property line, the tree faller would have to do part of the work in my yard, the limbing, under cutting the trunk, ect.
How can I put my neighbour on notice that I dont want an uninsured guy with a chainsaw to trespass on my property ? Would a letter that is witnessed and dated do it ?
Thanks, ***** ***** sleep over this, Heather Mathers
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
What province is this please?