How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Now here's a classic conundrum. The base of a healthy tree

Customer Question

Now here's a classic conundrum. The base of a healthy tree is on my neighbour's property, right on our property line. The tree leans over my property. My neighbour does not like the leaves the tree drops and she wants to have the tree cut down. She does not want to pay an insured arborist, she wants " a guy she knows " to do the work.
I am concerned that the tree or parts of the tree could hit and damage the roof of my house. More to the point, as the tree is right on our property line, the tree faller would have to do part of the work in my yard, the limbing, under cutting the trunk, ect.
How can I put my neighbour on notice that I dont want an uninsured guy with a chainsaw to trespass on my property ? Would a letter that is witnessed and dated do it ?
Thanks, ***** ***** sleep over this, Heather Mathers
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
What province is this please?