I have a trial tomorrow morning and I don't have a lawyer yet.

Customer Question
I did have council up...
I have a trial tomorrow morning and I don't have a lawyer yet. I did have council up until a couple of weeks ago, but he was ruled against appearing as an agent in criminal matters. I was granted an adjournment in order to retain council, but I don't have enough money together yet. Will I be granted another adjournment and sufficient time to retain a lawyer?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Canada Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/12/2015
Lawyer: Daniel Freudman, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
If you have a letter from a lawyer saying s/he has been retained, or is in the process of being retained, then you may be granted a further adjournment. However, if you come before the court with no proof of any efforts to obtain counsel (e.g. you just say "well, I'm still trying to find a lawyer", but no letters or records of such efforts) then you will likely be denied the adjournment and forced to proceed to trial on that day.
Hopefully my answer was of assistance. Would you kindly provide me with a positive rating so I can receive payment for my services. Thank you very much and best of luck.