My brother and i jointly own our house and farm with my dad.

Customer Question
he remarried 3 years ago...
my brother and i jointly own our house and farm with my dad. he remarried 3 years ago and has willed his share (1/3) ofthe property to my brother and i as well as my sister who was previously not an owner.My dad lives in an apartment with his new wife.
question..in the event of my fathers death can his new wife sue for a portion of the farm. How about her adult children can they sue at any point.
question..can my sister force the sale of the farm--she now owns 11% of it
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Canada Law
6/10/2015
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Debra, Lawyer
Are you each on title as joint tenants or tenants – in – common?
yes my dad myself and brother
actually not sure of the terminlogy
we owned it jointly since 1990
Can you find out how title is held? The answer is vital to your situation. I can answer considering both possibilities if you prefer though.
Tom B.
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor