How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been receiving services from uniting communities however

Customer Question

I have been receiving services from uniting communities however have not been happy with them since they were renamed from "uniting care Wesley" and staff have changed. I personally feel they have violated my trust and privacy, interfere where it doesn't concern them pay no attention to my complaints (just verbally and text so far), pressure me to see them on a day and time that doesn't suit me, constantly pressure me about medication that should not b their concern, accuse me of not taking medication and imply my judgement is affected altho there is nothing for them to base this on at all. I am not currently under any mental health and do not have a CTO or any such thing in place. I feel I am quite capable without them and esp. since they have cut back on their services and no longer take me to city appointments I would prefer to stop using them altogether. am I able to too tell them that I no longer require their services - I fear they would report me straight to mental health if I did so and there would b consequences or am I somehow "legally" bound to use their services? I do NOT want mental health on my case or in my life what's so ever - can I discontinue uniting communities without it becoming an "issue" for mental health to address? Should they b discussing me with mental health at all they r "checking in on me" every so often and it also makes me feel uncomfortable. Thank u for ur advice in advance -Amanda J.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
What province is this?Is there any agreement or order or other requirement that provides you must get counseling at all even if not from them and is there anything specific about this group?Are you an outpatient?

Related Canada Law Questions