My neighbor has agreed to type and height of shared fence ,

Customer Question
but won't agree on color...
My neighbor has agreed to type and height of shared fence , but won't agree on color. the existing fence is exactly on the property line , am I able to replace it at my cost leaving it where it is?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Canada Law
6/9/2015
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Debra, Lawyer
What province is this please?
Alberta
alberta
I am terribly sorry for the delay. I had answered almost at once and didn't discover until now that my answer did not post.You cannot necessarily put the fence on the property line without consent. You can be sued so you would need a court order allowing that. But you can put any fence you like, so long as you don't breach any by-laws just within your property and there would then be no way the neighbour could do anything about the colour of your fence.