If I owe icbc money and change Provence to alberta can icbc…

Customer Question
If I owe icbc money...
If I owe icbc money and change Provence to alberta can icbc take my Alberta license if visiting bc.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Canada Law
My email is***@******.*** and it says it does not exist and it does. I need this question answered please.
6/10/2015
Lawyer: Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor replied 3 years ago
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Hi
No ICBC cannot take another license when you travel to BC.
But, the provinces have an information sharing system whereby ICBC can tell Alberta that there is a road related debt. So, it may be possible for Alberta to be asked to take action against you including an Alberta suspension. Here is a link for further information....
https://www.transportation.alberta.ca/2556.htm
So the issue is not whether you risk the license being taken in BC but what Alberta might do if requested. That will all depend on the amount and how much ICBC wants to push the matter.
Sorry if I solved one problem and alerted you to another. But, please consider rating my answer well for knowing the answer.
Kind Regards,
Tom
Please rate my answer well :)