I'm a manager and I fired one of the employee because

Customer Question
Hi I'm a manager and I...
Hi
I'm a manager and I fired one of the employee because he didn't do his job and a lot of complains happened
So I gave him a verble warning then I reduced his hours he didn't change his performers so I fired him and was working for just 1.5 month
Now he sue me to the court so what I have to do
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Canada Law
6/9/2015
Lawyer: Jeremie John Martin, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Based on the facts you present to me and unless any discrimination happened, you should offer him one week of termination pay and not pay attention to any of his lawsuit threats.
At the worst he could maybe get 2-3 weeks of termination pay in Court.
I hope my answer sends you in the right direction.
I'd be glad to answer follow-up questions. If and when we are done, please remember to kindly rate my service before exiting the site so the site can release the portion of the funds you already paid that go to the expert.
Best regards ,
Jeremie ***** *****