How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100034
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My grand daughter worked restaurant/bar that recently

Customer Question

My grand daughter worked for a restaurant/bar that recently closed, supposedly bankrupt. She is owed over $500. in wages. Has she any hope of collecting this money and how should she go about trying to collect this.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
Yes she may be able to get the money. If the employer is incorporated and that is most likely the directors of the corporation are personally liable to pay her for wages earned and owing.She should file a complaint with your province's Employment Standards Branch and they will assist her in getting the money.

Related Canada Law Questions