How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2415
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If you are on bail with a surety, and have a curfew could you

Customer Question

if you are on bail with a surety, and have a curfew could you legally change the adress for the cerfuw to a hotel?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Tom B. replied 2 years ago.
Yes that is possible.
You must look at the other conditions carefully however. Likely there is a condition not to change your address without FIRST notifying your bail supervisor. BUT, it could be that a person cannot change their address without first getting prior PERMISSION of the bail look with care.
However, subject to dealing with the bail supervisor, there is no reason why a hotel cannot be the residence. Unfortunately, it will limit someone to the actual room number. So, that person must be in the room and not elsewhere in the hotel in case someone comes to check.
Kind Regards,
Expert:  Tom B. replied 2 years ago.
Do you need more facts?
Please rate my answer well :)