Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

My widowed brother is on CPP unable to work. When his wife

Customer Question

My widowed brother is on CPP unable to work. When his wife passed away and sold their home he had many large debts incurred in her name and some jointly. He's been on CPP for a year now and owing 4,894.19 on a CIBC. He's being pestured to pay this amount. He's disability is very low, still not able to live in gear to living apt. and by the time he pays his TV and telephone he's very limited to his cash flow. He's credit rating is bad. He keeps on receiving this letter every month from Default and Recovery Division. He's got no assets, no drivers license due to detention. I have power of attorney for him. Can you please give me some feed back to what I can do???
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
When you saying on a CIBC are you saying this is what he owes a credit card company?And is that in his name or his late spouse's or both?Does he have any assets?