How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My widowed brother is on CPP unable to work. When his wife

Customer Question

My widowed brother is on CPP unable to work. When his wife passed away and sold their home he had many large debts incurred in her name and some jointly. He's been on CPP for a year now and owing 4,894.19 on a CIBC. He's being pestured to pay this amount. He's disability is very low, still not able to live in gear to living apt. and by the time he pays his TV and telephone he's very limited to his cash flow. He's credit rating is bad. He keeps on receiving this letter every month from Default and Recovery Division. He's got no assets, no drivers license due to detention. I have power of attorney for him. Can you please give me some feed back to what I can do???
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
When you saying on a CIBC are you saying this is what he owes a credit card company?And is that in his name or his late spouse's or both?Does he have any assets?