We have ordered a container of goods from China. We

Customer Question
Hello, We have ordered a...
Hello, We have ordered a container of goods from China. We have received the container but we only received 10% of what was stated on the Bill of lading. Can we recuperate the loss from the carrier since they used a fraudulent bill of lading? Container was FOB.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Canada Law
6/7/2015
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Debra, Lawyer
Is this a Canadian carrier?What province is this?

CTC Logistics Canada Inc. picked up the container and we paid for freight

Office: ***-***-****

The container came from from China to Vancouver and it went on the rail to Calgary, Alberta.

If they provided you with an incorrect Bill of Lading you can sue them for all damages you incur. So you would sue for what it costs to replace what should have been in there plus any other loss you suffer because of this or any out of pocket expenses you incur and if this ends up in court you would also seek an order for your legal costs. Your next step should be to consult with a lawyer and have a lawyer send them a letter threatening a lawsuit.

Can you please recommend a lawyer for such a situation? Thank you

You can contact the Law Society and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be free.The number is:1-***-***-**** or***-***-**** in Calgary

hello, when you asked if the carrier is Canadian - the carrier was an international ship that moves container. I don't know if they are Canadian.

Should we still be able to pursue this?

It depends on where their head office is and if it is in Canada then a Canadian lawyer can sue them. But a Canadian lawyer can certainly write them and threaten a lawsuit no matter where they are located.
Debra, Lawyer