I had a Contract agreement with the Dawson Creek

Customer Question
I had a Contract for...
I had a Contract for services agreement with the Dawson Creek Curling Club from Sept.15/14 to March 2015..The job was managing / Ice Technician for the 2014-2015 season. We had an Equipment Breakdown in Early December that was Season Ending...I had contacted our insurance Company in Early Nov/2014 for what at that time was Business Interruption and a claim was opened at that time which in early Dec. was upgraded to a Total Season Loss. I fulfilled 100 % of my Ice Technician Contract with the Early season Shutdown of the curling club ,and continued my Managerial side of the Contract in a limited capacity. Dealing with the Financial , Insurance claim & gathering all Year-End Material for March 31/2015 , thus fulfilling the other 100 % of my Contract. In mid January the curling club depleted its reserves to continue to payout my contract and wanted to Terminate my Contract with a 30 day clause asking me to forgo $26,000 after the 30 Days. I put together a Termination Agreement with a clause that stated should insurance payout the Season under the Business Interruption claim that the remainder of my Service Contract be paid out totalling $ 26,000 + GST. I was told that this would need Board Approval. On Feb. 17/2015 , the Board came back with a Counter offer of $ 16,000 nothing more. I refused and no subsequent offer was made and in my view the original 30 Day termination was Void. I continued my limited Managerial duties with the curling club until March 28/2015 when the Contract was ended as agreed to in the Contract for Services. I still am awaiting payment. The Insurance company has finalized and is paying the Curling club for the Season Losses but the Curling Club will not payout my remaining outstanding Contract of $ 26,000. I have depleted my savings ,my Credit is maxed out and I'm 2 months behind in bills with adverse affects on my Credit Score. I have no choice but to sue the Dawson Creek Curing Club. I tried to get the Insurance Company to pay me out directly but my contract is with the Dawson Creek Curling Club. Needing a lawyer to make up a Demand Letter for Payment.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Canada Law
6/6/2015
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Debra, Lawyer
We cannot provide the letter but I can explain how to find a lawyer in BC if that will help.
Thank you that would be good...thanks
What you can do to find a lawyer is one of the following things.You can contact the BC Branch of the Canadian Bar Association and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be $25.The number is(###) ###-####or 1.***-***-****.Or you can check on a site called lexpert. This is a legal directory of leading lawyers and law firms throughout Canada and is well-respected by the legal community.Here's the link to their website:http://www.lexpert.ca/Directory/DirectoryContent/FindLawyersOrFirm.aspxI hope that helps as a starting point.