How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a bathroom renovation and my contractor flooded

Customer Question

I have a bathroom renovation and my contractor flooded the neighbor one floor below. he had to tear down the neighbor's ceiling of her bathroom and I had a plumber came in to fix the badly installed pipes which were done by my contractor.
After waiting 3 weeks to get the wood of neighbor's ceiling to completely dry , today the contractor came to close the ceiling of the neighbor, he found that further away from the previous position of water damage, there was another area of wet wood indicated small leaking of water from other area. He said that it could be from the main pipe from my kitchen or her kitchen, not related to the result of my bathroom renovation.
My questions are :
1. Who should pay for the main pipe water leaking . (if the pipe is mine or the neighbor ) ?
2. If it is related to the bathroom renovation,
How do I go about getting the contractor's insurance to pay for it ?
Do I have to make a claim myself? ( Even though the damage is to the neighbor one floor below .) Or my neighbor downstairs should make a claim herself?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
Is this a condo?What province is this please?

Related Canada Law Questions