My son just found out he is NOT the father to his 4 yr old…

Customer Question
My son just found out...
My son just found out he is NOT the father to his 4 yr old (DNA tests).
Mother hid the truth all this time.
He left the mother before she was 1yr and signed over his parental rights until May 2014 when he was finally granted shared custody.
My son is on an assistance program and presently does not pay child support (can't afford) and so is the mother. He does have a feeling who the real father may be (an friend of his) but does not think he knows yet neither.
What does he need to do to be cleared of all responsibilities to the child (who is not his) and even sadly to say remove his name from the birth certificate.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Canada Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/3/2015
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Debra, Lawyer
Has your son ever acted like a father?
Does he see the child?