How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Copperlaw Your Own Question
Copperlaw, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2016
Experience:  Lawyer and Retired cop. Drug expert, breath tech, negotiator, traffic specialist. Criminal, Family, Civil and others.
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Copperlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Just got in an accident a stop sign got my vehicul totalled

Customer Question

Just got in an accident burnt a stop sign got my vehicul totalled but on my ticket there's no total amount to be paid Is it still valid. What do I do
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 2 years ago.
Good evening, I would be happy to assist you.
It is possible that you received a summons as opposed to a ticket, payable out of court.
What is it that you have been charged with. Depending upon the offence charged, some do not have set fines and can only be laid by summons, requiring a court appearance.
Or, a Provincial Offence Notice (regular ticket) can be issued as a Part I summons, in which case, there would not be a set fine amount showing, but rather, it would have a date on it for you to attend court.
Alternatively, you may have been given a Part III summons, which is simply a straight summons with no spot for a fine to be listed, just a date upon which you are to appear in court.
If it is in fact that you were issued a regular ticket, that has a set fine and which should have a fine listed, then this would be a fatal error on the face of the ticket, which should result in it being dismissed by the Justice of the Peace later in court.
I look forward to hearing from you so that I may ensure that you get all of the information you require and I am happy to continue discussing this.
Also, it is greatly appreciated if you would take a moment to leave me a positive rating as this assists me with my reputation here on the site.
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I see that you were back in and viewed my response, however I do not see a reply from you. Please let me know if you are satisfied with the information I have provided, or if you require further information as I am happy to discuss this further.
Also, please remember to leave me a positive rating.

Related Canada Law Questions