Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I'm Damon. I live in SK. There is a property easement here

Customer Question

Hi. I'm Damon. I live in SK. There is a property easement here that goes between two garages at the back of the yard. I dont need his property to get in and out of my garage, but he needs my property to get in and out of his garage. This neighbor is new, but prior to this neighbor there have been multiple parking violations. I would like to have use of 100% of my property. Is there any way to remove this easement?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
If this is a registered easement that is registered on title there is no way to remove it unless the neighbour agrees.And in this case that doesn't seem at all likely because you are saying he cannot access his garage without using the easement. I am sorry about that.