How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

WE received a letter from a lawyers office representing a company

Customer Question

WE received a letter from a lawyers office representing a company we leased machinery from 2008. Our business had to shut down and we agreed to make payment on half of what was remaining on the lease. We did start making payment for 2 years. Gave the collection company a void cheque and we noticed payments stopped coming out. My husband tried contacting the company with no response. It has been 2 years and now we receive a letter stating they would like the remaining balance of 21,000 by June 3 or they will sue us for full amount of 43,000. We are not in any situation to pay this as after 8 months I have just gone back to work. What do we do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
What province is this please and when is the last time, exactly, that a payment was made?

Related Canada Law Questions