I have applied to Canada in 20014

Customer Question
Hi, I have applied for immigration...
I have applied for immigration to Canada in 20014 under FWP 2014, I have been approved and I was granted a visa and CPR for my kids and wife. I will be landing in August.
I believe it was not possible to apply for my mom with the initial application ?
My Mom lives with me here in UAE and I would like to take her with me as she does not have anyone else to take care of her except me, and she can not go back home to Yemen because of the situation in Yemen.
I understand that I can only apply for Super visa but its only once I land and get a job that pays above the minimum income threshold.
Now, I'm thinking to apply for a tourist visa for her, but i'm afraid that it will be rejected and it will have a negative impact the super visa later on.
My Mum has a low paying job and she is 58 years old, and her bank account balance is low, which makes me unsure if I should apply for a tourist visa for her as it might rejected.
Also do this minimum income threshold should be what I will be paid in the coming year, or I should at least complete one year on income and then I can apply?
What are my options to take my Mum with me to Canada?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Canada Law
6/1/2015
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Debra, Lawyer
If she is rejected for the visa this will not affect her right to get a SuperVisa. She only has to show that she has a enough funds for the visit. And if she is staying with you and you state this in the letter then she will not have to show much more than a return ticket and some small amount of funds.Canada Immigration just wants to be sure that she is not going to overstay her visit.
I have asked couple of question in my original question, may be i was not clear, here are the questions and then you can refer to the original question, please.
1- I believe it was not possible to apply for my mom with the initial application?
2- I'm thinking to apply for a tourist visa for her, but i'm afraid that it will be rejected and it will have a negative impact the super visa later on
You already answered this, that it will not have a negative impact if she is rejected
3- do this minimum income threshold should be what I will be paid in the coming year, or I should at least complete one year on income and then I can apply?
Please let me know the details
Regards
1. No, you could not have your mother on your permanent residency application.2. I already answered3. You do not have to complete one year of employment first. So long as you can prove what you annual income is you will be OK. So you will not have an income tax return to provide, but you could get a letter from your employer documenting what your income is.
4- Can I apply for the super visa for mum with my current income outside Canada?
5- I heard that the visa officer at airport grants & decides and stamps the passport on when the parent should leave the country based on the return ticket, although the super visa clearly mentions that they can stay up to 2 years?
6- after completing a 2 years stay, can she goes to the nearest country and come back on the same day and be granted 2 years again of stay?
7 - Do i have to buy an insurance for 1 year or 2 years? and how it affects the entry stay period.
Regards,
What type of insurance do you mean?
Health care insurance when applying for super visa for my mother?
4. You have to show that you will have this income going forward so that they can be sure you can financially support your mother.5. She does not need to have a return ticket if she has a super visa and is planning to stay in Canada for two years.6. This is not likely going to work but it is hard to know what will happen in two years as they are changing the laws currently. 7. I don't believe the CIC considers what health coverage she has but certainly she has to have coverage that will take effect the moment she enters Canada and for the duration of her stay.
8-I have decided to apply for a tourist visa for my Mum, now I have 2 options:
a) apply directly like she is going for tourism
b) Ask her nephew to apply for her.
What is the way and documents needed for a and b.
I don't know what you mean by her nephew applying for her.Here is a link to all the information you will need: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/tourist.asp
What I mean is that here nephew lives now in Canada can he send her an invitation letter? will it be better than option a?
Yes that would be a good option though it is not needed.