How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 99963
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Are these laws applicable to British Columbia as well? If so

Customer Question

Are these laws applicable to British Columbia as well? If so could I please be informed of the punishment for tampering with legal documents( a person modifying an original copy of a purchase and sale of a home in which they were not a party of the purchase?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have provable evidence of tampered document from opposite party. Ive had a lawyer who has taken good amount of $$ from me as retainer has used most and done nothing on my behalf. Many illegal activities done by opposing party& law firm I found new provable evidence yesterday of tampered legal document, can I go to police to show evidence of opposite party intently forged legal document if my lawyer continues misrepresentation? How can I obtain new counsel immediately?
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
I saw this question last night. It sounded to me you had been working with another expert so I left it. I cannot find your earlier post but you refer to these laws so it sounds like you did post earlier. Or, perhaps you are just asking if we answer about the law in Canada?Let me know if you posted earlier and if you want me to go ahead as no one else seems to be taking this question.Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I actually added more details to this question to lay out more of this current scenario. I would really appreciate it if you are able to view both parts of my question as it is pretty urgent. I need to make serious inquiries, and get the police involved if all else fails. In look forward to hearing back. Thanks !! :-)
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
To get a new lawyer you can contact the BC Branch of the Canadian Bar Association and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be $25.The number is(###) ###-####or 1.***-***-****.If you can get a lawyer at once then it would be better to have the lawyer take this to the police rather than doing it yourself as the lawyer will be listened to more than you would be.But if time is of the essence and you cannot get a lawyer right away then call the local police and explain it is a case of fraud and forgery and you need assistance at once.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks so much!! When u have proof of fraudand forgery if the opposite party, is it immediately necessary for the lawyee of that party to b contacted, and the police notified at once as well as a warrant for arrest obtained?
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
No, you would just tell your own lawyer and then you would go to the police when your own lawyer thinks you are ready to go to the police.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks!! I appreciate the advice. :-)
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
You are very welcome.

Related Canada Law Questions