I am buying a piece of raw land for30000 dollars. what is the

Customer Question
simplest and cheapest way to...
I am buying a piece of raw land for30000 dollars. what is the simplest and cheapest way to transfer title?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Canada Law
6/1/2015
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Debra, Lawyer
The simplest and cheapest way is to retain a real estate lawyer at a small firm or if at a larger firm ask for a junior lawyer.
It is not complicated to buy a piece of property but you need to do it right and have to be sure you are getting a clear title.
The lawyer will do the requisite title searches as well as register the transfer on title.
It will not cost that much and will be done right.
Even lawyers do not self-represent for real estate matters unless they are real estate lawyers.
You can contact the Law Society and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be free.
The number is:
1-***-***-**** or (###) ###-####in Calgary
that information is totally useless. how can I cancel my account?
You can contact customer service.
Debra, Lawyer