Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

My lawyer put my son in jeopardy when in joint meetings, she spoke to confidential disclos

Customer Question

My lawyer put my son in jeopardy when in joint meetings, she spoke to confidential disclosures made to me by my son. I specifically asked her to keep in confidence as my abusive ex can be harsh with our son and there is evidence that my ex has and is trying to disrupt the attachment he has to me - hostile aggressive. To save my child from experiencing further emotional harm, I made it clear that I wished to keep my sons disclosures confidential. That is one. The next. In 9 months I have not received a cent in child support of which I had clearly understood was her first priority. I asked for an interim amount based on 50/50 parenting so as not to anger my ex. Amounts were discussed and then she asked me how my ex s payments were going - she did not even set it up or know that he was not making payments - I was not getting anything. Another. she did not put forth pertinent information in a timely manner until I had given her my word that I had withdrawn from collaborative process.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry to hear this. I don't know what your question is though so please explain.