Had a mva the person was 100%@ fault i settled with my insurance…

Customer Question
Had a mva the person...
Had a mva the person was 100%@ fault i settled with my insurance and a year the other driver is suing me for damages
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Canada Law
5/28/2015
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Debra, Lawyer
I am sorry to hear this.What you have to do is immediately give the claim to your insurers.They will defend the claim for you.If you are being sued for more than what you are covered for your insurers will explain that you may also want to retain your own lawyer.\ The fact that your insurance company says the other person is at fault doesn't mean that the court will agree. The insurance company's findings will not matter in court unfortunately.