How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 101025
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am unable to contact one of the beneficiaries, letters have

Customer Question

I am unable to contact one of the beneficiaries, letters have been returned, unable to deliver, phone calls have not been accepted.mi just want to settle my fathers estate.
What can I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
Are you ready to wind up the estate and pay out the bequests?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello..... Are you there
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
What you will have to do is put the missing beneficiaries bequest into a trust account where it will need to be kept for a significant length of time. Eventually, and that is likely in many years, if you cannot find the beneficiary and can prove you have taken all reasonable steps to do so and that has to go beyond phone calls and letters, you can get an order that the money go to the residuary beneficiaries.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What is the length of time?
We are in ontario, canada.
Where would we obtain the order.
My father passed in 2012. We have still not finalized the dispersals