What do i do to activate statute of limitation regarding past

Customer Question
child support...
what do i do to activate statute of limitation regarding past child support
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Canada Law
in british columbia canada
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
5/27/2015
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Debra, Lawyer
I can only communicate with you over this site by posting like this. I am a senior family lawyer. Would you like for me to continue?
Yes
Can you answer my question
I can answer but need to get a better understanding of the situation.What do you mean when you say you want to activate a limitation period for past child support?
On line it says statute of limitation for past child support in BC is 10 years past 19 bday is it automatic or is there something legally I need to do
Are you saying there is an order for child support and you are in arrears or that you've just not paid it for many years but there is no actual order?
Yes an order and in arrears but kids are now 30 yes old
There is nothing for you to do. Unless you were hiding and could not be found it is very unlikely that this order will be enforced so many years later.And there is never a need to trigger a limitation period. But there is no limitation period, in fact, when there is an order or really not any for child support. It is more that the court will simply not go back that far.
They contacted my ex and trying to reach me told her they located me. Can they garanshee my wages still
Hello
You have not answered my question I suggest you do I'm not satisfied credit my account immediately 47:00 or I will contact a real lawyer
What will you contact a lawyer for or are you threatening the site?
I am a practicing lawyer and helping you in the evening for s nominal fee so I think it would benefit you to be more respectful. This is a unique opportunity the site is giving. If you think you should contact a lawyer for $47 you should know that you will spend more than that in the first 10 minutes.
But perhaps I am misunderstanding you.
In any event yes your wages can be garnished.
Your site said IF satisfied I would pay 47 you did not reply and I am not satisfied and I'm quite sure a reputable lawyer would not use the word garnished I would like to think a lawyer has a higher level of education than that. I will be taking further action
I don't know what you mean but that is the correct legal term.
Let's hope the new lawyer knows the difference between garnish and garanshee
Debra, Lawyer