How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm looking direction on what to do about a condo management situation. I o

Customer Question

I'm looking for some direction on what to do about a condo management situation.
I own a townhome, last year our condo management company hired a company to excavate the old sewer pipes and replace with new pvc pipes. Notification only went out to a few homes. Quite a bit of property damage was done in the process. The condo board isn't paying the bill for the work done as the the cost to repair the damages exceeds the cost to of the work done. We were all given a cash call of $2,140 to help pay for the damages. Our reserve fund is empty. The damages are still there and so far only a few things have been fixed.
What I need help with is I was promised the structural damages as well as other minor damages done to my place would be fixed. Late last fall after another follow up with the management company I was told I have to look after my own repairs. When I said it wasn't acceptable, and I would consult with a lawyer to find out what my rights are he sent their lawyer after me with a c
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
Please complete your post and then I will answer.

Related Canada Law Questions