How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100996
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have adopted a baby he's 9 mths old, I have had him from

Customer Question

I have adopted a baby he's 9 mths old, I have had him from birth. April 14 th all the paper work was completed and courts made me legally his mother. I know his biological mother and was good friends with her up until a few days ago when she began sending me messages on fb wanting me to drop the baby off to her house and allow her a visit. Needless to say I am uncomfortable with this and said no. Now she is sending me threatening messages. What are my legal rights? She signed away all rights but is there a period of time when she can change her mind?***@******.***
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
She cannot change her mind now.And she cannot see the child if you say she cannot. If she is threatening you or harassing you then call the police. They can warn her and if this continues they can charge her and place her under a restraining order.She needs to be stopped at once so that she learns she has no rights here,