I have adopted a baby he's 9 mths old, I have had him from…

Customer Question
I have adopted a baby...
I have adopted a baby he's 9 mths old, I have had him from birth. April 14 th all the paper work was completed and courts made me legally his mother. I know his biological mother and was good friends with her up until a few days ago when she began sending me messages on fb wanting me to drop the baby off to her house and allow her a visit. Needless to say I am uncomfortable with this and said no. Now she is sending me threatening messages. What are my legal rights? She signed away all rights but is there a period of time when she can change her mind?***@******.***
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Canada Law
5/25/2015
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Debra, Lawyer
She cannot change her mind now.And she cannot see the child if you say she cannot. If she is threatening you or harassing you then call the police. They can warn her and if this continues they can charge her and place her under a restraining order.She needs to be stopped at once so that she learns she has no rights here,