If a company states in it's charter that they will not be held…

Customer Question
If a company states in...
If a company states in it's charter that they will not be held responsible for any damages that occur from their product or employees to a residence or company can that company be sued if it is a known fact that their product and their poorly trained employees do cause damage and the company knew this could happen?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Canada Law
5/24/2015
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Debra, Lawyer
Yes they can be sued successfully. This is true even if you signed a waiver if there is negligence or mis-representation. It is not possible for anyone to simply state they will not be liable.