How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Copperlaw Your Own Question
Copperlaw, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2016
Experience:  Lawyer and Retired cop. Drug expert, breath tech, negotiator, traffic specialist. Criminal, Family, Civil and others.
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Copperlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do i file an orded to show cause in court

Customer Question

how do i file an orded to show cause in court
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 2 years ago.
This depends upon whether you are seeking to show cause for release on a first bail hearing or for a Bail Review after being detained.
If it is for a first bail, simply notify the court on your next appearance that you wish to have a bail hearing and they will schedule you in the appropriate court.
If it is for a Bail Review, then formal Application must be made to the proper court, detailing the material change in circumstances since detention that would justify a review by the courts.
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 2 years ago.
Please let me know if you require anything further.
Also, please take a moment to leave me a positive rating.
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 2 years ago.
Let me know if I can close this question.

Related Canada Law Questions