I found a watch in the recycle room in my

Customer Question
building and posted notes that...
I found a watch in the recycle room in my building and posted notes that I had it and my phone number. What is the law in bc for how long I need to keep it posted before I can give it away? Thanks. Craig. XXX XXX XXXX
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Canada Law
5/21/2015
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Debra, Lawyer
There is no specific law about this.The Court would say that so long as you did what you could to advertise and waited a reasonable period of time then you are OK if you no longer have it if you are contacted later on. But what is reasonable it just not clear so waiting as long as possible would be best.
Debra, Lawyer