Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I was told by my supervisor at work to use unsafe equipment.

Customer Question

I was told by my supervisor at work to use unsafe equipment. I offered to 3 times to fix the equipment, 3 times I was told no. I was standing on the equipment (scaffolding) later that day and fell through the rotten boards injuring my knee and arm. 6 months later I'm still not working and going through the motions with wcb and now there is talk of surgery. If I do not gain full use of my knee can I sue my employer?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately you cannot.The way this law works it that the WCB program is no fault so even if the accident had been your fault you would still receive the same compensation but, on the other hand, the right to sue is removed.Sou you simply cannot sue your employer if you get hurt at work even if the employer is at fault.