How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100408
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was told by my supervisor at work to use unsafe equipment.

Customer Question

I was told by my supervisor at work to use unsafe equipment. I offered to 3 times to fix the equipment, 3 times I was told no. I was standing on the equipment (scaffolding) later that day and fell through the rotten boards injuring my knee and arm. 6 months later I'm still not working and going through the motions with wcb and now there is talk of surgery. If I do not gain full use of my knee can I sue my employer?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately you cannot.The way this law works it that the WCB program is no fault so even if the accident had been your fault you would still receive the same compensation but, on the other hand, the right to sue is removed.Sou you simply cannot sue your employer if you get hurt at work even if the employer is at fault.

Related Canada Law Questions