How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100032
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Wrongful termination question. Suit filed w/EEOC on 8/2014

Customer Question

Wrongful termination question. Suit filed w/EEOC on 8/2014 for age discrimination and harassment, which they said I had a case, coincidently my employer has let me go last week; after mediation was brought by EEOC.
1. replaced me with younger female in her 20's immediately, very next business day
2. harassment charge and age discrimination on file w/EEOC
3. MD supervisor-professional misconduct, violation of NC medical board code of professionalism in the workplace=medical board passed a position statement about in 2010
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry to hear this. But what is your question?And have you updated your complaint?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do I have a wrongful termination suit? EEOC said I can amend my original complaint. That was it. I can not get the mediator on the line nor an Investigator for EEOC.
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
Yes you do but you cannot have the complaint going forward and as well sue.So you can amend your complaint now. Your case is even stronger now and on top of that your damages are higher as well and easier to prove so it is a good idea to do this.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can you answer my questions?
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
I said you do have a wrongful dismissal case but that it would make more sense to amend your complaint as you cannot both sue and complain.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK! Thank you so much! Will send the amendment in today! :) Thank you! Sorry to bother you. Appreciate your help very much! :)
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
You are very welcome.I hope it works out.

Related Canada Law Questions