How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100977
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Our neighbor purchased a home; through the years of expanding

Customer Question

Our neighbor purchased a home; through the years of expanding it they have KNOWINGLY
paved over our survey pin and also built a shelter which is now partially on our property; this puts both properties at risk when it comes to a sale. We recently had that line resurveyed. what can I do if anything. I would like to place a lien on their property until the problem is rectified.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
You cannot place a lien on their property unless you sue and get a judgment.You can retain a lawyer to send them a letter demanding they rectify the situation at once and threatening a lawsuit for damages if you incur any and for an order compelling them to remove the shelter and for your legal costs.If necessary you can sue but the letter may very well be all it takes.