How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 101058
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I don't have Canadian sponsor or the job offer and I am

Customer Question

if I don't have Canadian sponsor or the job offer and I am electrical engineer and wife is MSC. can we still get a PR?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
To apply for permanent residency in Canada you have to fall within one of the different classes or categories that gives you the grounds you need to immigrate to Canada.From your information it would seem that the only way you may be able to apply is under the skilled worker class.Here is the link that will provide you with all the information you need about this process: you read all the information you will see that there are basically two ways people can apply under this category. One way is if their occupation falls within the list that they provide you.The second way is if one of you gets a job offer and then this job falls within the categories and levels that is listed on the National Occupation List.You will also see that there is an eligibility test you can take to see it looks like you are eligible. Only one of you has to be eligible and the other can come as part of that application.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can I get a PR without any Job offer?
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
Yes that is possible. Do the eligibility test to see if it looks like you may be eligible.