How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100943
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Ontario and my daughter is going to university

Customer Question

Hello. I live in Ontario and my daughter is going to university in the Fall. If she lives at residence when she's not at home, does support continue by 1/3? Is this law or does a judge need to decide?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for requesting me. The general rule of thumb is that child support would change to what is loosely referred to as summer support and that tends to be 1/3 of the regular table amount.But it is not the law and if you cannot agree then a Court has to decide.