How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100050
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am naturalized canadian citizen so with my ex wife got

Customer Question

i am naturalized canadian citizen so with my ex wife
got our divorced when she is already a canadian citizen
since we are both a canadian citzen but married in the Phils. Since we are both officially divorced and both a Canadian citizen can i re marry again to a filipina woman?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for requesting me.The law in Canada is that if you are divorced you can remarry.I know that the law in the Philippines is different and you need to get your marriage annulled there. For this reason Canada would not recognize your marriage if you married in the Philippines because the marriage must be considered valid in the jurisdiction where the ceremony was performed but Canada will recognize the marriage if you marry in Canada or anywhere else where your marriage would be considered to be valid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
by the way i am still under free trial right? why i am being charged 41 dollars on top of 6 dollars ahead?

Related Canada Law Questions