How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Freudman Your Own Question
Daniel Freudman
Daniel Freudman, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 1331
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Daniel Freudman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was arrested and charged with 271, 271 and 266, crown is

Customer Question

I was arrested and charged with 271, 271 and 266, crown is looking to dismiss the 271s. I have a newborn with my spouse I haven't been able to take care of, this has caused me alot of stress. Can I sue the opp for this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Daniel Freudman replied 2 years ago.
If the police conducted an extremely negligent investigation, or acted maliciously in some respect, then you can sue them for malicious prosecution and/or negligent investigation. However, such actions are very difficult to succeed in, and you could face serious cost penalties if you are unsuccessful.
Expert:  Daniel Freudman replied 2 years ago.
Hopefully my answers were of assistance. Would you kindly provide me with a positive rating so I can receive payment for my services. Thank you.