How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Copperlaw Your Own Question
Copperlaw, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2016
Experience:  Lawyer and Retired cop. Drug expert, breath tech, negotiator, traffic specialist. Criminal, Family, Civil and others.
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Copperlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

8 years ago child protection assaulted our family supreme court

Customer Question

8 years ago child protection assaulted our family supreme court ruled they were significantly heavy handed insensitive offered no evidence at all of any wrongdoing were the most intrusive not least intrusive this was echoed by the citizens rep report a few years later. However we have yet to learn why they assaulted our family at all. I would like to sue
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 2 years ago.
Good evening, I would be happy to assist you with this question.
If this cause of action arose 8 years ago, you would unfortunately now be outside of the legislated limitation periods pertaining to such civil actions. A civil suit for this would have had to have been commenced within a maximum of 6 years from when the cause of action arose. Since it has now been 8 years, the court would bar you from commencing any civil action.
I am sorry that this has happened to your family and I know this isn't the information that you were hoping to hear, however it would be unfair to you to give you false hope or sugar coat things for you.
I look forward to hearing from you so that I may ensure that anything further you might need is addressed.
Also, please take a moment to leave me a positive rating.
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I see that you were back in and viewed my response, however I see no reply from you. Please let me know if you are satisfied with the information that I have provided or if you need further info, I'd be happy to discuss this further.
And please remember to leave me a positive rating as this assists me in building my reputation here on this site.

Related Canada Law Questions