How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I life 3.5 kms on Vedder Mtn in British Columbia and have driven

Customer Question

I life 3.5 kms on Vedder Mtn in British Columbia and have driven on a forest service road for 27 yrs, my husband would of drove this same road for 38 years this year. A man bought the property at the bottom of this mtn forest service road and now he says he owns the road but he bought the property that this road is on and has been mapped since 1874. He has now deactivated this road at the bottom so no one can get up or down the mountain now. does he own the road that has had logging trucks and railway cars using this road even in the 1940's?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I live
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've lived in my home for 27years and no one has ever told me I cannot use this forest service road. Is there a grand father clause in British Columbia, Canada?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
are you able to answer my question for British Columbia, Canada?
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry to hear this?Did any of you obtain permission years ago to use the road?Do you know if there is any right of way/easement over the property that would be in your deed?