How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 101426
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My car was in the accident ( 100% fault of the other driver)

Customer Question

My car was in the accident ( 100% fault of the other driver) and is a write-off.
Settlement offered by the ins. company is not sufficient to replace my car with similar vehicle. What are my options?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
Your option is to sue the driver. You must be placed in the situation you would have been in had the accident not occurred.So you would sue the owner of the other car and the driver if they are not the same person for the difference in what the insurance company will pay you and what it will cost to replace the car for one of similar value.