How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 101447
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am required to disclose my finances divorce my husband

Customer Question

I am required to disclose my finances for the divorce my husband initiated. Can i do this without a lawyer?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
You don't need a lawyer as you are entitled to self-represent. And you don't need a lawyer to help you make this disclosure. But if there are outstanding issues then it would be best to at least consult with a lawyer so you can get advice about what you are entitled to.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Okay, thank you. At the end of the disclosure document it has a line for an expiry/lawyer/student-at law to sign. Do you know why?

Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
You need to have your financial statement sworn. But a clerk at the courthouse can do that for you.