How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100416
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My friend who applied with his family immigration

Customer Question

Hello. My friend who applied with his family for canadian immigration wants to get a divorce. They have PR status. Is it possible for them to get a divorce. Moreover my friend does not live in Canada due to his job overseas. However family and kids are in Canada. What are the possibilities?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
He can most assuredly get a divorce.He can apply for the divorce in Canada because his spouse lives there.And he should because it is only the court in the jurisdiction where the children live that have jurisdiction over the children.

Related Canada Law Questions