How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100001
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My father is living in Canada as a Temporary Residence. He

Customer Question

My father is living in Canada as a Temporary Residence. He is also waiting for the Sponsorship (we sent our application in May 2011). Last September I applied for his visa extension. Two months later we received a letter saying that an form was missing
on the visa extension and they were asking us to re-send that with the correct form. I re-sent (by mail) the application on October 31st 2014, month before the visa expires. The problem is that up to now we got NO answer from CIC. I have tried to call them
many times but the line is always busy. MY QUESTIONS is: what is the best thing to do now? should I send a letter to them requesting information? If so, there is any formal legal standard to send this letter?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
You can send a letter explaining what you just said to me. Then say you've called many times, cannot get through and so are writing. Make it clear you sent the form in when requested and are worried as you've not heard back. There is no formal requirement in terms of what to say in the letter.
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
Don't hesitate to let me know if you have follow-up questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
did you see this kind of problem before? In case they have really lost our application, there is any way to fix that? I am afraid my father has to go back to Brazil to request another visa.
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
I think they do misplace documents but that doesn't mean he will have to go back to Brazil. I think you should just send the letter at once and wait and see what happens.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you again!
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
You are very welcome!

Related Canada Law Questions