Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

My late husband'so step son, not adopted, wants a copy of the

Customer Question

My late husband'so step son, not adopted, wants a copy of the will. He will be receiving a sum of money but wants a bigger share. He has lived in the Philippines for the past 8 years
And there was hardly any contact from him. His mother was the first wife. This is rather important as he says he is coming to the memorial on Monday and bringing a lawyer with him.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
He has no claim to any interest in the estate aside from what was left to him in the Will. There is no special provision in the law for step-children. He is entitled to see a copy of the Will as he is a beneficiary and in any event once a Will is probated it is a matter of public record and anyone can get a copy.
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
Does that help?