How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 101027
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My late husband'so step son, not adopted, wants a copy of the

Customer Question

My late husband'so step son, not adopted, wants a copy of the will. He will be receiving a sum of money but wants a bigger share. He has lived in the Philippines for the past 8 years
And there was hardly any contact from him. His mother was the first wife. This is rather important as he says he is coming to the memorial on Monday and bringing a lawyer with him.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
He has no claim to any interest in the estate aside from what was left to him in the Will. There is no special provision in the law for step-children. He is entitled to see a copy of the Will as he is a beneficiary and in any event once a Will is probated it is a matter of public record and anyone can get a copy.
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
Does that help?