My son has been suspended from an ontario college

Customer Question
for allegedly pushing no vitness...
My son has been suspended from an ontario college for allegedly pushing no vitness just he said she ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Canada Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/30/2015
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Debra, Lawyer
Is he being expelled or is this a temporary suspension?

How is this going to affect this year at school? Isn't the year done?

What about next year?

Did he have a hearing or a chance to tell his side of the story?

7 month suspension do the 2nd term again

year as 3 weeks left

had a hearing only thing left is an appeal

When he had the hearing was he represented?

And did he have a chance to hear the allegations and then tell his side of the story fully?

He was not represented

didn t think it was required because he didn't push her

You missed this question:

yes he did

Then you are correct. There is nothing more he can do aside from appealing.

The appeal process may work and in fact it may be possible to settle this if you bring in a lawyer.

Essentially, the college doesn't want to have to deal with an appeal that may end up in Court.

So if this were my son I would immediately retain a lawyer that has experience in education law especially at the higher education level. I am not optimistic that your son can succeed in the appeal without a lawyer's assistance at this point.

You can contact the Law Society and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be free.

The number is:

1-800-268-8326 or(###) ###-####(within the GTA)

The problem is going to be able to prove that the university decision makers erred. The fact that there were no witnesses is not going to allow him to win because most of the time there are no witnesses. And by giving him a full hearing the university did not trample on his rights.

But that is not to say he will lose the appeal. The benefit of doubt should have been in his side if the evidence from both parties was equal in terms of credibility.
Debra, Lawyer