How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was born in 1962 alberta I can not find any documents "legal

Customer Question

I was born in 1962 alberta I can not find any documents "legal entitlement" to get health care how can I get some legal document to prove I am legal to be in canada
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Tom B. replied 2 years ago.
Please tell me more about your situation. Alberta vital stats has no record of your birth?
Where do you live? Is the issue health care or immigration?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I live in Calgary I need a sin number to work my health basically one foot in crave ( joints severe pain had an emergency 25 days in ICU have ostomy bag need elective surgery to remove and other intestinal problem that is no cover without health care coverage
Expert:  Tom B. replied 2 years ago.
Why no SIN # ?? Why no ID at all??
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
have drivers license never needed the other documents till my illness
Expert:  Tom B. replied 2 years ago.
Have you gone to a Service Canada office? Here is a link... hospital were you born in?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the story is I was home born I was so tiny I was put in a shoe box and put near the oven the only child, home schooled and ran away at 12 I was physically and mentally abused did stuff not to illegal "no criminal record" got parking seatbeat tickets worked with friends lived in basement until one passed away then then other thru friends found work met my current lady friend mary currently living together see to has medical problems (broke ankle 4 year not treated by the hospital system also lost her vision she was denied treatment by the hospital july***** will only see her dec 17 2013 kept phoning the pain us getting worse unti in oct she lost her vision dec 17 dr. see her and says could have saved her vision if he got to her in time also the alberta social network has denied her ad so we both are screwed thx
Expert:  Tom B. replied 2 years ago.
You need a sit down with a lawyer right away. Here is a link to the lawyer referral service. Call and they will give you a few names of lawyers in your area who have agreed to consult for free. You can consult with one or all. should also call Legal Aid to see if they can help.... you have a driver's licence, you exist.