How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100983
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm a rumanian citizen and I applied turist visa

Customer Question

I'm a rumanian citizen and I applied for a turist visa to go visit my boyfriend in Canada(his's a Canadian citizen) but because he send me a invitation latter they refused me.
Now we planned to get married, I live in London and him lives in Canada and we don't know if is better getting married in London or Rumania, what documents we need and after how long do I need to wait to go to Canada
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
It doesn't matter where you get married.
Once you are married your spouse can sponsor you.
The way this works is that the sponsorship application and the permanent resident application go in together. Once your spouse is approved as a sponsor you application will be processed.
You will need to undergo medical, background and criminal checks.
It could take well over a year for the application to be processed.
Here is the link to the webpage that has all the information and forms: