i have provided office coverage at a Drs. office for 1.5 years

on an as need basis...
i have provided office coverage at a Drs. office for 1.5 years on an as need basis. I have secured permanent employment, i made them aware of this. on my last day of work, while enjoying some cookies, one of my co workers had crumbs on her shirt, i brushed them off her chest area-she looked at me and i said laughingly sorry, its a mom thing and we went about our business. At lunch in front of a co worker, she informed me that i was not to return as she was sick of my inappropriate touching-the week before i had apparently "taken a piece of string off her backside" and she wanted me gone. She informed the Dr. that this was an ongoing thing yet nobody had ever spoken to me of this. To say I was stunned is an understatement-brought me to tears.Our nurse, hugged me and said "I wm so very sorry" Please, any advice would be so greatly appreciated
11/19/2013
Debra, Lawyer
Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with the best possible answer.

To achieve that goal it may be that I will find that I need to gather further information from you. As well, it's quite possible that you may feel the need to ask me additional questions for further clarification.

But, please understand that as a careful lawyer I will always give you an honest answer even if the answer is sometimes not what you were hoping for.

Is this going to go anywhere at this point?

I thought you were leaving anyway?

Do do you think she has filed a complaint against you for example?

Thank you for responding Debra. According to the Dr. that my boss spoke to, it is not going any where. As of the day in question, I am no longer providing coverage for that office as i have gotten another position. I have no idea if she has filed a complaint against me, how would i know this? Do they need to make my privy to that?? Would the Dr. we worked for not have known this?? This attack against my person is wrong on so many levels and i feel that by not saying anything to them is an inadvertent admission of guilt!! Do i just let sleeping dogs lie? Should i worry about future repercussions? I am at a loss Cry
Please!!

Perhaps they didn't tell you because they discredited her from the start.

Perhaps she's made complaints about others or they just knew you well enough that the didn't give her complaint a second's thought.

I am sure if they thought it had merit they would have told you about it. But it didn't change how they felt about you at all.

On the other hand if you want to consider a lawsuit for defamation you would have good grounds to do so if this woman actually lied and harmed your reputation.

Or at the least you could have a lawyer send her a letter demanding a written apology and threatening a lawsuit. Perhaps that would be a good approach for you since then you won't feel like you've been silent and implied you agree with her complaints.

You can contact the Law Society and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be free.

The number is:

1-800-268-8326 or(NNN) NNN-NNNN(within the GTA)

Does the help?

Thank you for your time and expertise Debra, it has been greatly appreciated.

Kathy

You are very welcome.

I am sorry this happened to you.
Debra, Lawyer
Debra, Lawyer